What a great opportunity this year has been to dive into ourselves, and bring our talents to light. Art is coming to the forefront in people’s lives and finally people are beginning to blossom.
Throughout my years of being an artist I have learned so much about life, creativity and about the things that hold me back as an artist.
Interestingly enough I discovered that my art journey was often a reflection of my personal life in many ways.
The things I was bumping up against in life that were holding me back as a person were similar to the blockages that were in front of me as an artist.
I found that the more I learned about myself and the more I was willing to be myself, the better my art became.
Art doesn’t lie.
I took years of painting classes and spent years in my studio studying technique but it wasn’t until I started painting with my heart, that my art started to show the truth. I saw it, I felt it and so did others. Commissions began to roll in and my art began to sell.
Once we focus less on technique and more on finding a deeper understanding who we are our art will change.
“Create from your heart, not your head. Be willing to stand up and say, Hello world, this is who I am.”maryann burrows
Be willing to fail. Be willing to stand up again.
Expressing who YOU are is what makes good art.
Incorporate your soul and your heart into your artwork
and allow yourself to be vulnerable and let the world see a little piece of who you are, and what you love.
Don’t get me wrong its good to learn a technique and develop your skills. BUT more important than that is doing the self work and the deep dive into your soul, and being still enough to listen to what your soul needs to say to the world, through your art.
Just like with a painting, where design is more important than technique, a painting that has been painted from your soul says more to the world than one that just matches a couch.
Push yourself, get out of your head and take chances, take risks.
The willingness to do this will help you discover that you ARE the miracle.
The world needs your art . Paint, draw, sing, create.
In a few weeks I will be launching my 4 week video course.
This course is based on what I have learned on my personal art journey, and through my years of being a creativity coach and a life coach.
This course is for you if
- You are an artist (paint, draw, cook, garden, sew, create)
- You want to become more creative
- You don’t think you’re an artist but you want to be
- You have a desire to live a more creative life
- You want to learn more about yourself and what holds you back creatively.
- You want to flourish in your life.
This course is designed to
- Help YOU increase your confidence in a fun and interactive way.
- Our classroom will be with like minded creatives that will help support and encourage you on your journey
- The tools I will give you will help you take your creativity up to the next level and be able to feel confident in sharing your work with others.
- It will help you break through some of the roadblocks that may be holding you back as an artist.
Sign up here to be put on my VIP LIST for more info on dates, cost and more.